What's new

Running two Sub's? yes/no?? (1 Viewer)

Shawn N

Agent
What is the idea behind running two sub's? I seem to see this often when auditioning prospective systems.

Also is this a good idea (in your opinion), and if so how do you set that up properly? With the wiring to the receiver. Is it self explanatory or is there a trick to it?

Thanks in advance and I understand most of this is subjective. Just looking for personal opinions.

DavidVT

Stunt Coordinator
Some like it, some do not.

I myself like it. It yields approximately 6db more of usable headroom. Only drawbacks are calibrating and placement of the subs. Most will agree that placing your subs in the same corner will yield the best results. To hook them up, all you need is a "Y" splitter from your SUB/LFE output on the back of your receiver into both the subs.

Nathan Porteous

Stunt Coordinator
You need 2 subs or you will DIE!!!! I have 2 and get a 8 db gain, and i'm sure if i didn't get the second one which are not even the same model, i would have died from NOTENOUGHBASSATICIS
I here its a real killer in utah. Not 2 much bass there as i understand:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks