What's new

Running SVS with 145W (1 Viewer)

MartinFG

Auditioning
I am currently running a homebuilt sub (18" noname driver in a 9cuft ported box of 1.5" MDF) driving it with a 145W Kenwood KRX1000 (older THX) with pretty good results, but the low end is quite loose, and very peaky at 50Hz. Would this amp drive an SVS CS+ sufficiant for my 20x20 room? I usually run at -20db during movies (Main rcvr is a Yam RX-V1) Thx!

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
145w would work with the CS+, but I'm not sure it would give you the improvements you are looking for. I would work on smoothing the FR(frequency response) of the bass first. Having a squarish room like this can lead to some nasty effects :)
Do you have a good idea of the response at your key seats right now?
TV

Jim J

Second Unit
Martin,

Is that your estimate on 4ohm output? Seems reasonable.

I'm thinking of driving a CS (or CS+!) with one of those too.

Are you plugged directly into the Main-in? or are you running thru the Kenwood's pre-amp section too?

I did a calibration last night with my new HK 520. I had to turn down the volume on my ACI Quake pretty low like 1/8, and I'm still 3-4dB hot. I'm almost to -10dB on the channel setting in the receiver too. HK must put out a pretty hot signal. at least compared to my former Denon Decoder, where I had the sub at 1/2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2handband