What's new

Running On Empty cd + 5.1 dvd Jackson Browne (1 Viewer)

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
It was released the 15th. I just ordered my copy so I won't have it for another week perhaps. Have not heard any rumors of add'l albums but it is rumored that this album will be released at some future point with just the DVD-A and no CD. I don't need the CD and waited until the album came out to see if a more definitive date would be indicated for the DVD-A only version. I finally figured I had a coupon so the difference in price wasn't really worth not having it so I ordered it.

Mark_TB

Second Unit
I was surprised to find this set in the Wal-mart budget section for only $5.00. Needless to say, I picked it up! Always happy to find a new DVD-A. Definitely worth keeping an eye out for, especially at that price.

- Mark

Mark_TB

Second Unit

Hey Mike --

It was in the main CD aisle in the "budget" section, along with a bunch of other $5.00 and under CDs. I even saw another one at a store in a different town today, so they may be fairly widely distributed. Good luck!

- Mark

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks a lot, Mark! I've got several W-Ms near me. I think I'll cast a wide net this weekend and see what I come up with! :emoji_thumbsup:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
HUGE thanks to Mark (for the original tip and location in the store), Lee (for the affirmation) and Chris (for the physical description).

The first local Wal-Mart I walked into--I went to the electronics section, found the bargain CDs and knew to look through the jumbled mess for the brown cardboard tri-fold. There was one copy. It is no longer there. :D :emoji_thumbsup:

[Hannibal]I love it when a plan comes together...[/Hannibal]

It is amazing how good that 5.1 mix sounds--especially on the tunes recorded in random locales--such as "Cocaine." Wow.

I always really liked that album--which makes a high-rez surround mix all the more enjoyable (frankly, a lot of the high-rez stuff I've been buying lately have been blind buys of which I have not been that fond).

But now, Lee, I may honor your recommendation of trying to find the David Crosby disc. Know of any odd places I might find it?
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I passed this deal along to a co-worker who went to the Wal-Mart nearest him over the weekend and scored their only copy! :D

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Well, I actually found this at a store, Lee. But $26.99. That's a little rich for me when I don't have a clue about the music. Maybe I should check out the tracks over at amazon (if they're there).

$5 when I already know how much I like the music (Runnin' On Empty) is more my speed! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks