Running an extension cord to a Stage 2 PowerCenter

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Clay D. Major, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Clay D. Major

I recently purchased a Stage 2 power scrubber for my HT and intend to rack it with my components, but something that didn't occur to me when I bought it is that my TV's power cord won't reach the rack without the help of an extension cord (the rack is inset in the wall about 12 feet from the TV).

My question is this: Is there any reason why I shouldn't use an extension cord to reach the TV outlet on the power center? Does an extension cord add "noise" of any kind or would it defeat the purpose of plugging it into the power center in the first place? I want to take advantage, obviously, of the power center's audio/video power segmentation but I'm afraid an extension cord will render the exercise moot.

Thoughts?

Thanks gang!

2. Jon_Gregory

Jon_Gregory Stunt Coordinator

An extra couple of feet will not do anything to the power. As long as you don't coil up one of those 50 footers for just the 12 feet you need. Just make sure it is a decent extension cord and you will be fine. The only thing that might be somewhat of a problem is if the extension cord runs parallel to any of your audio cables.

3. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

agreed. use a decent quality cord and you'll be fine.