What's new

Runing component video thru my AV receiver (1 Viewer)

Peter_Woo

Agent
Hi all,

Just would like to know if I should run my component video cable from DVD player to AV receiver to TV, instead of running it directly from my DVD player to TV. Is there any benefit with option 1? I was told I should run the cable directly to the TV, Can I really tell the difference between the two? BTW, I have Denon AVR-3802 and DVD-900.
TIA

SteveMc

Stunt Coordinator
Most likely you won't really be able to tell a difference. Purists will obviously say run it straight to the TV. Unless you have a need for component switching, I'd run it straight to the television. I say try it both ways and see which works best for you. Another down side to running through the receiver is that you'd have to spend some more bucks on aonther good component cable.

Tommy_N

Stunt Coordinator
I would run it to the TV directly.

I have the 3802 as well. The picture did not look the same when I ran it through the Denon. The colors were slighlty off - The blue on the welcome screen to my Sony DVD player was much different (deeper and darker) than usual.

Tom

JakeMcM

Stunt Coordinator
could those colors be adjusted with a calibration disk or was it a degradation of quality

Tommy_N

Stunt Coordinator
Jake,

I'm not sure. My thought was it looked better going straight to the TV so why bother trying to calibrate it. Unless the signal was being manipulated why would it look any different? And since I didn't want it to be manipulated I ran it directly to the TV.

It looked more like a degradation of quality.

HTH

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks