Runco CRT wont display video, but grid good

Discussion in 'Displays' started by KevinBMiller, May 24, 2004.

1. KevinBMiller

KevinBMiller Auditioning

Hiya

Ok...Im new to this. Be patient with me. I have a Runco CinemaPro 760 CRT front projector (built 1996). The unit was removed from my friends home (worked fine at removal using S-Video converter to Y/C signal) and setup in my home with DVD player using the S-Video out.
    The DVD S-Video output is converted by a RUNCO S-Video to Y/C converter (BNC connectors) for connection to CP760 CRT unit's Y and C inputs [called "S-VHS" on back panel].

I can get a clear test pattern (grid) and the menu to display on screen, but no source video will be projected. I have the rear selection set to "Y/C" and have also tried connecting a composite video out from DVD (yellow jack) to Runco's "Video-Input" BCN connection without success. I have switched it from all different settings "RGB, YC, and Video".

Is there something that I am missing? The tubes all operate, look good and have low hours with no burn to be seen. Can anyone think of a reason source video is not projected?

Any help GREATLY appreciated. Thank you.
    Kevin

2. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

You have a pm.

3. KevinBMiller

KevinBMiller Auditioning

I finally took it to someone for a check up. Apparently the old Runco 760a is picky about video source. The DVD player I was connecting to didnt 'mesh' with the Runco. Setting the Runco up with a different DVD player (Panasonic) worked great on first try. Go figure.

Thanks Chris for your help.