runco 710 projector

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Joe Co, Sep 12, 2004.

1. Joe Co

Joe Co Auditioning

I'm seriously considering a projector in my basement. I'll have fair light control in a room 16' long. The home theater shop in my city sells Runco. Is the 710 worth the money ($9000), or is it really just a re-labeled Benq? I have limited time and ability to do it myself.

2. mark alan

mark alan Supporting Actor

It is supposed to be a relabeled benq. I don't know anything about the projector.

I would never select a projector simply because it is the only one that your local dealer will sell you. If you are just installing a projector, screen and wiring in your basement, it is not that complicated a project. You could easily do it yourself or find an electrician to do the installation of a projector you buy yourself.

If you are doing an entire home theater installation, then a good contractor might be necessary.

3. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings

Upgraded processing and improved optics as well. Runco Service is also considered to be superior.

Of course Runco rates the bulb life at 1000 hours so if you go this route, be prepared to change the bulb more often.

Regards