What's new

Runaway Jury and Jennifer Beals? (1 Viewer)

I just watched Runaway Jury and was distracted the whole movie wondering when Jennifer Beals' character was going to do somethng. She was on the jury, but never said a word. I kept thinking she would turn out to be an undercover FBI agent or something like that. Right up to the end, I thought she had to be there for a reason, but then the movie was over and -- nothing! She had no part at all! What happened? Did they cut out her part? I know she's not a huge star, but surely they did not intend to cast her in a totally non-speaking part. They could have used anyone for that. There must be some Hollywood gossip about this somewhere.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
well, she does say something per say,

she does argue with the other jury members at the end.
and she has a second or two with her interview in the begining, when they are picking jury members

I didn't remember her ever saying anything, but it must not have been very much. In any case, didn't it seem strange that she had such a small part?

MattHR

Screenwriter

I read somewhere that she was saving her energy for all the heavy dialog required in her comeback film, FLASHDANCE II: THE RESURRECTION.

RobertCharlotte

Supporting Actor
You want confusion? Help me understand how Donald Pleasence got third (maybe fourth after Teri Garr, I can't remember right now) billing for Oh, God! when the man has under a minute of screen time and zero lines of dialogue.

That's a good agent!

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I think it's obvious that Ms. Beals part was cut severely. It happens frequently. Amanda Blake (Miss Kitty of Gunsmoke) gets co-starring billing in the 1954 A Star Is Born despite being cut entirely out of the movie. I defy anyone to find her. Oscar winning actress Beatrice Straight (Network 1976) plays Goldie Hawn's mother in Deceived and her part is about 3 seconds and no dialogue ... literally!

Brian Ralph

Stunt Coordinator
I just watched this last night, and I noticed that (along with Beals) there were a number of actors with much smaller parts that I thought they would have, like: Luis Guzman and Dylan McDurmott. Nora Dunn and Orlando Jones also had pretty small parts, but small supporting roles is basically what you expect from them despite their recognizability.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks