What's new

Run Ronnie Run! on DVD Sept 16th. (1 Viewer)

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
Mr. Show fans rejoice... well sort of. Al thought New Line successfully kept the Mr. Show movie from ever hitting the silver screen, they are releasing it on DVD this year.

From DavisDVD:

The DVD includes a 1.85:1 widescreen transfer, Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround, deleted scenes, the Three Times One Minus One music video, lots of hidden Easter eggs, and bonus trailers. Retail is $24.98
Not too shabby an edition, for a film Dave Cross said was propping up a Sofa at the New Line offices.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
I thought DVDFILE said this was early august? Either way, it is great to finally get this movie legitamatly. I cant wait to see it. And it even has the TTOMO video! YAY!
Eww Girl! Eww!

Lane_S

Agent
It's odd that Bob and David son't even mention this DVD release on their website (bobanddavid.com). It may be that they haven't updated for a while. The last comment they have on Run Ronnie Run! is that they are unhappy with the current cut, and that the film will not live up to the hype that surrounded it during the "will it be released or not" time frame.

Don't care - it's mine the day it's released. I just hope (but considering the love between the boys and New Line I'm not holding my breath) that they tied Bob and David to chairs and forced them to do a commentary.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I saw this just the other day for the first time. I'm all over it when it comes out official!

Fans of Mr. show might want to give it a rent first though.

LeeL

Stunt Coordinator
Hell, I'm getting it just for the Jack Black tune that comes out of nowhere!

Funny funny movie, I'm so there.

Ike

Screenwriter
Bob and David may say it doesn't live up to the hype, but I'll still buy it.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
I've seen it. The beginning is a little poor, but it really picks up once things move to LA. I loved the rest of it.

It's no Citizen Kane, but it's good fun.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
why should Mr. SHow fans give it a rent first?
Because only a few sequences in the film really live up to the spirit of the show. There are some sections that really make the film drag, unfortunately. Maybe this DVD will be the recut that Bob & David finally got.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
If it was the recut that Bob and David wanted then surely they would promote it on the web page. I'll of course buy it. Now when the hell is the Stiller show coming out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikezerby
Recent bookmarks