What's new

Rumoured Universal titles in november - R2 (1 Viewer)

Werner_R

Stunt Coordinator
See this article at R2 Project

http://www.r2-dvd.org/article.jsp?se...articleId=5853

listed titles are:

03-Nov "Fred & Ginger Box Set" - 4 Discs : (Top Hat, Shall We Dance, Follow The Wind, Carefree)
03-Nov "Cary Grant Collection" - 4 Discs (Indiscreet, Op. Petticoat, My Fav. Wife, Bringing Up Baby)
03-Nov "Marx Brothers" - 4 Discs (Duck Soup, Animal Crackers, Horse Feathers, Monkey Business)
03-Nov "Road To.. Collection" - 4 Discs (Morocco, Singapore, Utopia, Zanzibar)
10-Nov "A Simple Wish"
10-Nov "Andromeda Strain"
10-Nov "The Cook, The Thief, His Wife & Her Lover"
10-Nov "Cry baby"
10-Nov "Farenheit 451"
10-Nov "For Whom the Bell Tolls
10-Nov "The Great Outdoors"
10-Nov "Somewhere In Time"
10-Nov "The Underneath"
10-Nov "A Touch Of Evil"
10-Nov "White Palace "

There are some great titles on this list incl. Bringing up Baby, Duck Soup and Touch of Evil

Derek_McL

Second Unit
Great titles indeed ! Universal seem to own the rights to the R-K-O films in Europe which means at last we'll get the Astaire-Rodgers films for instance and Bringing Up Baby. Warner who own these titles in R1 seem very slow at releasing them citing restoration issues as the reason so I wouldn't expect pristine transfers but it will be great to see them nevertheless.

I wonder will the boxset titles be available individually ? I ask this as among the Paramount titles (Universal owned) I have the region 1 Road to Morocco but I'd be interested in Zanzibar and Utopia.

I was lucky enough to snag the Marx Brothers Region 1 boxset before it went OOP and those transfers were fine considering the age of the material but some restoration wouldn't hurt.

Touch of Evil and For Whom The Bell Tolls too and this winter is turning into a very expensive one. Also I believe Universal are releasing some Deanna Durbin musicals in October including Three Smart Girls and One Hundred Men and a Girl. Soon we might have a better selection of musicals in R2 than R1!!

Sean Campbell

Second Unit
I thought Universal were never going to release Somewhere in Time on R2, so last month I caved and bought the US edition...
Oh well, no big deal. I doubt they'll add anything that wasn't on the R1 onto the UK release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks