What's new

Rumored Zelda/Gamecube bundle (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
According to a news bit on Game Informer, a Zelda disc will be bundled with the Gamecube this Christmas. It will supposedly feature:

The Legend of Zelda
LOZ II: The Adventure of Link
Ocarina of Time
Majora’s Mask

If this is true, I really hope this disc becomes available for people who already have a 'Cube. Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda game, and it'd be great to have it on the 'Cube in higher resolution.

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Sto...1706.31512.htm

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Q: What's the quickest way to piss off your installed fan base?

A: Release the Zelda disc as a Gamecube bundle only.

I don't understand why they are rereleasing Ocarina of Time less than a year after it was introduced. I thought the scuttlebutt was that they were releasing Majora's Mask with the next Zelda game sometime next year? Or, in other words, why put all your Zelda eggs in one basket?

This will be great news *if* they sell this disc separately, though.

Neil M

Stunt Coordinator
I heard about this except for the bundled part. I can't remember which magazine it was in but it specifically said it was being sold seperatly.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I'm sure it'll be available seperatley. Nintendo was pretty good about giving people a chance to get Ocarina of Time, but lots of people were upset that they still weren't able to get it. As soon as I read this I thought that Nintendo would be using this disc as a promo for Nintendo Power. Maybe it'll be Subscribe for $15, get the Zelda disc. Nintendo Power is fun to read sometimes, although I do miss the days when it was ad-free.

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
You know the Gamecube preview disc with SC2 (the one you get when you buy the GC now) I saw that Preview Disc for sale at Best Buy for 39.99! Crazy
off topic a little sorry :)

Philip_S

Stunt Coordinator
The story on Planet Gamecube says that it's all the Zelda games not yet available on the Cube, so no Link to the Past.

If Nintendo doesn't make this available reasonably to the loyal customers who bought their console 2 years ago, that shows exactly why they're in the state they're in.

I like all these Bonus disks (Zelda, Star Wars Arcade, the 2nd Zelda Disk, the rumored Mario Kart 64 disc), but there's a scent of desperation surrounding them.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I think it's a great marketing idea. It gives people incentive to preorder games (which looks good if they get a lot of preorders) and also racks up cheap game sales.

JamesH

Supporting Actor
I think it's pointless in that it will have no impact at all on sales, although I wouldn't mind having the disc myself as a collector's item. Really, who thought up the idea to use old games to try to sell a state of the art piece of technology? It was probably the same guy who decided to team Nintendo with the most hated ISP for online gaming.

Neil M

Stunt Coordinator
It was probably the same guy who decided to team Nintendo with the most hated ISP for online gaming.
Maybe most hated, but it's also the most popular. But I'll save that for another time. As far as the disc, I would love for more games to be released. There's nothing wrong with bringing some nostalgia back to the gamers.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Nintendo Power is fun to read sometimes, although I do miss the days when it was ad-free. >>

I havn't read it in years....Probably since the N64 got released... Has it gotten worse, or better in that time?

JamesH

Supporting Actor
I'd like to see more old games released as well, but it makes more sense to give them away with a new game in a series than try to use them as a selling point for a system. It would be smarter for Nintendo to take some of the older GC games that are good but aren't really selling anymore and give away a few of them when you buy a GC. They could make a deal that looks really nice, without losing significant sales like they were by including brand new games with the GC. Some good games to put in the package would be Rogue Leader, Super Monkey Ball, Pikmin, and Eternal Darkness. Plus, people might feel more compelled to buy the sequels to some of the older games when they see how good the originals are.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Well Capcom is making a disc for PS2 and GameCube that has MegaMan 1 through 8 and two other games (essentially 10 old-school MM games) as a regular game instead of a preorder deal.

Rob_Pierce

Second Unit
I havn't read it in years....Probably since the N64 got released... Has it gotten worse, or better in that time?
I had a subscription that just ran out--I bought the Mario Sunshine deal last year (game, guide, 1 year subscription, memory card, and $10 off wavebird for $70). The magazine is basically worthless if you ask me. The reviews are TERRIBLY biased, though that is expected, and the mag in general is aimed at 10 year olds. It was free and provided some good bathroom reading material, but I would certainly never pay for it. It's a real shame too, I would have really enjoyed a closer look at Nintendo's plans, but the "news" in the mag was already weeks old once published. And, with the advent of gamefaqs.com the walkthroughs and stuff were pointless.

On the bright side, when I subscribed last summer, my "Nintendo Fun Club" account was still valid from when I first subscribed to NP back in like 1986-88. The best part of the subscription was a free CD that came sometime around Christmas that had a ton of Nintendo music performed by a Tokyo symphony--that was very cool. Oh yeah, and a ton of Pokemon stickers, too.;)

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Rob,

I bought an issue of NP when I was getting ready to buy my GC. I'd not read an issue since the early 90s, and I have to agree... it's gone from a fun, informative magazine for gamers to a pure fluff piece to sell more Pokemon.

The maps they used to have were GREAT, and the tips helped me beat a lot of NES and SNES games.

It's a shame.

Morgan,

Although I never was a huge MM fan, I would consider buying this disc. Sound like a lot of fun! MMX was always my favorite, but even that I could never beat. I'll grant you that I'm distinctly lazy when it comes to beating platformers, however. ;)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Well Capcom is making a disc for PS2 and GameCube that has MegaMan 1 through 8 and two other games (essentially 10 old-school MM games) as a regular game instead of a preorder deal.
>>>>

So, when does this come out on the Gamecube damnit? :)

BTW, anyone notice that MegaMan Arcade Game 'bundle' found in Arcades now? It's a big sit down machine with a bunch of other old classics on it, and is basically a megam an 2(?) Boss Battle with redone graphics...

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I remember playing MegaMan (the first few on NES) at my aunt's house (my cousin owned most of them) and I loved them. Now, not so much, but I still love the MMX games. I'm looking forward to the bundle just so I can have all those games together.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks