What's new

Rumor has it : Audiovox to buy Acoustic Research (1 Viewer)

RISUG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Reese
A sales rep at Electrified.com called to tell me it is rumored that Audiovox will be buying Acoustic Research.
I don't know what to think of it one way or another. I'm not familiar with Audiovox in reference to how they do business, and thus I do not know what route they would take
with the AR name.

For those of you familiar with Audiovox what direction do you think they will take the quality of Acoustic Research if in fact the rumors turn out to be true?.

JohnGoggan

Stunt Coordinator
Audiovox is somewhat odd in that they seem to do both high-end and low-end depending on what it is. I've seen some fairly cheap, low-end portable DVD players from them -- that, although I didn't fully research, seemed to be "not the best" in their class.

But, on the other hand, Audiovox brought Toshiba's Genio e500G PocketPC to the USA from Japan. I think it is one of the best PocketPCs on the market -- and bought one myself after a great deal of research.

So, in other words, it'd be up in the air as far as them buying AR goes... I have no idea if they'd go high-end or low-end when it comes to quality...

- John...

Scott_Lip

Agent
The bids for Recoton were submitted to the bankruptcy judge on Tuesday.

Audiovox did not bit on the audio division, just the accessories division. There was only one bidder for the Audio division, and unfortunately I can't say who.

This pubilicly traded company bid on the entire package, not just the accessories division.

RISUG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Reese
Pete,
I believe Gemini has already acquired the accessory division of Acoustic Research.

Scott_Lip

Agent
The bankruptcy court was supposed to rule on Friday whose bid was accepted. I have not yet heard who won.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks