What's new

Rumor about GTA3? (1 Viewer)

Scott Graham

Agent
I heard that supposedly GTA3 was going to be yanked from the shelves because one of the last missions semi pertains to the Sept. 11 incident. Is this true? I hope not because I'm waiting for the xbox version.

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
I'd have thought that they would do this immediately, if it were the case, rather than wait several months first. GTA3 has has more 'its going to be banned soon' rumours than GTA Online's had hot dinners.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Sigh. Old rumour. Completely bollocks. GTA3 is NOT getting pulled in the USA. Not happening, not going to happen. Every couple of weeks this rumour pops up again, usually around the same time it either sells out or eBay sellers start charging stupid amounts of money for it... The game is selling *tons* of copies, it is NOT 'rare' or hard to find, and there are no 'uncensored' versions to buy.

It was delayed originaly to rework some content in light of Sept 11th though - for instance, the police cars changed colour/design slightly, and they reworked somethings involved planes crashing. Nothing that affected the game a great deal, and they squeezed the game out a couple of weeks later.

I hope not because I'm waiting for the xbox version.
You may be waiting a while as it's disappeared from the release schedule & Take Two made absolutely no mention of it in their recent conference call where they listed every game due out this financial year (ends in October 2002).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks