Rumor about GTA3?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Graham, Feb 22, 2002.

1. Scott Graham

Scott Graham Agent

I heard that supposedly GTA3 was going to be yanked from the shelves because one of the last missions semi pertains to the Sept. 11 incident. Is this true? I hope not because I'm waiting for the xbox version.

2. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

I'd have thought that they would do this immediately, if it were the case, rather than wait several months first. GTA3 has has more 'its going to be banned soon' rumours than GTA Online's had hot dinners.

3. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Sigh. Old rumour. Completely bollocks. GTA3 is NOT getting pulled in the USA. Not happening, not going to happen. Every couple of weeks this rumour pops up again, usually around the same time it either sells out or eBay sellers start charging stupid amounts of money for it... The game is selling *tons* of copies, it is NOT 'rare' or hard to find, and there are no 'uncensored' versions to buy.

It was delayed originaly to rework some content in light of Sept 11th though - for instance, the police cars changed colour/design slightly, and they reworked somethings involved planes crashing. Nothing that affected the game a great deal, and they squeezed the game out a couple of weeks later.

4. Scott Graham

Scott Graham Agent

Thanks for the heads up, I figured it was a rumor so I thought I'd ask.