rumble in the bronx dvd question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ryan L B, Mar 24, 2002.

1. Ryan L B

Ryan L B Supporting Actor

i noticed that the tnt version is dubbed. Is the dvd version dubbed or subtitled.

2. Tony Stark

Tony Stark Stunt Coordinator

I rememeber the movie at the theatre being dubbed. I cant speak for the DVD, but if it was like that at the movies, I have a good feeling that the DVD will be like it as well.

3. rutger_s

rutger_s Supporting Actor

The U.S. R1 DVD distributed by New Line Home Entertainment is dubbed into an all English soundtrack. There are also some cuts and edits made to the film.

The R0 DVD distributed by China Star is presented in the original Cantonese. It also has a Mandarin sound option but no subtitles.

There are also two R0 discs distributed by Funny in Taiwan. The first release is a dual-sided disc which contains the Taiwanese version of the film(dubbed in Mandarin) and the U.S. version(dubbed in English, edited for content). The Taiwanese version has English & Chinese(traditional) subtitles while the U.S. version has English & Chinese(simplified & traditional) subtitles. The other release contains just the Taiwanese version of the film. However, this version has dts & Dolby Digital Mandarin soundtracks with English & Chinese(traditional) subtitles.

Finally, there is the R3 Korean disc by Warner International Home Video. This one sports the original Cantonese soundtrack along with Mandarin & English soundtracks. Albeit, no English subtitles just Thai, Chinese(traditional), and Korean subs. This release is also just the New Line Cinema cut of the film with the New Line Cinema logo appearing before the film.

All the soundtracks for Rumble in The Bronx are Dolby Digital 5.1 surround. The best bet for the original uncut version is the Taiwanese release by Funny. Although, you still won't get the original Cantonese soundtrack.

4. Ryan L B

Ryan L B Supporting Actor

5. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

6. rutger_s

rutger_s Supporting Actor