What's new

Rules Of Attraction (1 Viewer)

Tanner

Stunt Coordinator
Which region has the most complete cut of the ROA? I know the US version wass cut but 22 secs, while the UK version has the 22secs, but is missing 1 min 34 secs for the suicide scene. I read that the R3 version was completely uncut. can anyone confirm this? thanks.

Simon Basso

Stunt Coordinator
I have the R3 version, but can't confirm it is intact because I don't know what was removed from the R1. I did read that the reverse vomiting was taken out in the US, that is most definitely in the R3. If you can tell me what's out of the R1, I'll tell you if it's in the R3.

DeanWalsh

Second Unit
Upon cinema release here the posters and tv advertising made a big deal about it being 'the uncut version' so good chance the r4 is.

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member

I believe the suicide scene has simply had replacement footage put in. The reduced running time is a PAL speedup issue. I was very disappointed to find out about the replacement footage, after having bought the R2 version, and having seen the film uncut in the theater here in the UK.

I was very disappointed to find out about the replacement footage, after having bought the R2 version, and having seen the film uncut in the theater here in the UK.

Why didn't you check www.bbfc.co.uk ?

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
Because I assumed it would be uncut, given that it was released theatrically uncut.

Steven_T

Auditioning
The Australian Region 4 version of this film is uncut and presented in Dolby Digital 5.1 (Most other versions appear to be 2.0 surround). The transfer is not too bad, it has some grain and a slight telecine wobble for the first couple of seconds.

It does however lose 3 commentary tracks that the region 1 has. Most other features are there including the sundance channel doco, but the trailers are the Australian release trailers.

Christopher_J_F

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know of any online reviews (in english!) of the Rules of Attraction 2-Disc SE that came out in FRANCE?
Picture/sound quality?
Also, where is the best place to order from France, shipping to the US? ANY help would be appreciated, and thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks