Rules Of Attraction?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Martin S, Jan 16, 2003.

1. Martin S

Martin S Stunt Coordinator

Any idea if this is coming out cut, unrated, whatever?
    I keep reading it had censorship problems.Anyone care to elaborate?

Cheers

2. Matthew_S

Matthew_S Second Unit

Martin,
    THE place to get ROA news is at the director's site, Avary's Domain . I'm almost positive there will be an uncut version, and a lot of cool sounding extras, to boot. I just checked the site and it's coming Feb. 18th. Couldn't find all the extra info, but if poke around the site, i'm sure you'll find something, post here if you do.

3. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

http://www.dvdfile.com/software/dvd-...2002/12_05.htm l
    Adapted from the controversial Bret Easton Ellis novel, after months of heavy buzz, Roger Avary's The Rules of Attraction finally hit theaters last fall and then...nothing. But Trimark will give the hip teen flick another try when it hits DVD on February 18th, complete with plenty of extras. Presented in 1.78:1 anamorphic widescreen and English Dolby Digital 5.1, supplements include "Revolving Door" commentaries by the cast and crew, the Sundance "Anatomy Of A Scene" special, a preview of the upcoming Avary film Glitterati, plus another trailer and TV spots. Retail is $24.95.

4. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

I do want to see this movie. Again, one I missed in theaters, so bring on the DVD.

5. Tom_Bechet

Tom_Bechet Second Unit

this is what imdb says:

6. Patrick Mirza

Patrick Mirza Supporting Actor

The disc is definitely the R-rated version. I just watched a screener (minus all bonus features) last night.

The picture is 16x9 and the audio was listed as DD 2.0 Surround, but with little rear activity it really seemed like a stereo presentation. I've heard rumors that the final product has something like 30 hours of commentary (?!?) and that the DD 5.1 track may have been sacrificed to fit that alternate audio on the disc.