What's new

Rugrats- Season Sets? (1 Viewer)

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
NICK has been awfully slow with beginning to release Season sets except for Spongebob. I think a lot of people would snap up season sets of older NICK animated shows.

Paul

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Not losing hope. Just waiting patiently for Paramount to get off their behind's and realize what a cash cow their sitting on with the early 90's nicktoons stuff.

Let's be honest, in today's nostalgia hungry "Family Guy" teen culture of "Remember ________________?" "Remember when I was 13..." stuff like this would sell like crazy.

Now that that's done... remember when I was 8-15? I want that stuff on DVD!

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
Paramount released the entire Ren and Stimpy show series, though the Nickelodeon brand was not on any of the DVDs.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
...I don't think we need to mention the R&S discs Steve...ugh. Original Rugrats are A-OK in my book though!

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator

I just wanted to set the record straight. You don't have to like Ren & Stimpy (personally I like the Spumco episodes, hate the Game Animation episodes. I have season 1 and 2, no plans on buying the other 3 seasons), the fact is, it was released on DVD. Though it was not distributed though Nickelodeon.

Wezzo

Second Unit
I'd love Rugrats, Hey Arnold, Rocko and Doug, but I am losing hope for any chance of seeing season sets of them, just as I am with many of the older live-action shows that we should be seeing in the Nick Rewind series.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I agree, I don't think he was puking on R&S... more or less just mentioning how shoddy it was treated on DVD.

Hopefully the rest of the stuff from NICKELODEON will be treated much better.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member

Yes, which is why I said the discs, not the show. Hopefully we'll get some news about a Rugrats release sometime soon.

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator

That is not completely true. Disney owns the rights to the new Doug. Nickelodeon still owns the original Doug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks