Rufus Wainwright "Want One" Sept. 23 release

Discussion in 'Music' started by Scott L, Sep 24, 2003.

1. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Feb 29, 2000
    Any other fans of his music? Bought his new CD today and I don't think he'll ever make a bad/mediocre album. He seems like such a perfectionist as well as very inventive with his music. He's got a very distinctive voice, along with talent for songwriting and expertise with his instrument, reminds me a lot of John Mayer.

Rufus is just one of those artists you'll either love or hate, I just can't wait to see him in person this Friday at UVA. [​IMG][​IMG]
  2. kamyiu

kamyiu Stunt Coordinator

Mar 16, 2003
    this album is gorgeous, although i don't buy the mayer comparison because i don't like mayer. i agree that rw is very creative. this album is a pleasure to hear. i saw him live a couple years ago, he's very charismatic and unassuming.
  3. Chris Brunner

Chris Brunner Second Unit

May 9, 1999

Thanks Scott! I didn't even know he had a new album on the way, much less IN STORES already. How should I have known?

The song 'April Fools' off his first album and the first 2 cuts off of Poses are some of my favorite songs of the past decade or so.

Although, I don't enjoy absolutely every song on his 2 CDs, most are very melodic and the instrumentation is very clever (IMO).

You talk about "love or hate". If I am the LOVE, my wife, is the obvious hate. Of all the many bands/artist I listen to, RW is the ONLY one I get audible objections to... beyond the 3 cuts I mentioned earlier. She knows how much I love those.

Thanks again for the posting Scott. Best Buy opens in 1:05 from now. I'll be there then!!!