What's new

Rudi Bakhtiar appreciation thread (1 Viewer)

Danny R

Supporting Actor
Tonight's Headline News really caught my attention. Rudi has let her hair down, and looked outstanding. She's smart, is close to my own age, lives in the same town, has simular interests and is single and beautiful. And one can turn on the television each night and watch her wonderful smile. What more can a person ask for?
http://www.cnn.com/CNN/anchors_repor...htiar.rudi.jpg
I tried linking to the pictures here, but the pure links won't work:
http://www.geocities.com/rudinews/gallery.html

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I always put Rudi as one of my top 5 news babes, if not the top. She was looking pretty hot last night too, with her hair pulled over to one side. A hottie, indeed!

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Dude she is so frickin' hot, I've been all over her (figuratively, unfortunately, not literally) :D
She's a UCLA grad too, I think a friend of mine knew her because when I first saw her on Headline News I thought "Hey, she looks familiar!" - unfortunately I've lost track of our [potential] mutual friend so I can't confirm or deny, but I'm pretty sure she was at more than a few of our parties in the late 80's, early 90's. Damn, I might have had a chance... ;)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Okay, it might not have been her as she was born in 1966, check out this fan's bio page:
http://www.geocities.com/rudinews/
talk about a keeper, here are her favorite movies:
Movie picks: "The Deer Hunter," "The Godfather," "The Godfather Part II," "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest," "Good Will Hunting"
:eek:
She's welcome to come over and screen the new DVD of One Flew... when it comes out! :D

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member

Um, an extensive background in journalism? A keen sense of news judgment? Good writing skills? An understanding of how broadcast journalism should complement print journalism? A command of the issues and events, along with an understanding of how they fit into historical perspective?

In other words, all the standards to which print journalists are held.

That image in Scott's post. It looks like a publicity still one would find in an actress's press kit.

Scott Barnhart

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
Jack,
If you look at the URL of that image, you will see it is from Jezebel Magazine's web-site, not CNN's. Jezebel Magazine was presenting her as one of the South's most eligible bachelorettes so of course her physical appearance would be considered important to the target audience, and would appear more like an actress photo.
While I won't try to argue her news credentials with you (frankly, I don't care - IMO she, like all others on TV anymore, are basically talking heads reading from a teleprompter), don't take that photo as some kind of CNN Press Kit photo designed to promote her as a journalist.

Danny R

Supporting Actor
Um, an extensive background in journalism? A keen sense of news judgment? Good writing skills? An understanding of how broadcast journalism should complement print journalism? A command of the issues and events, along with an understanding of how they fit into historical perspective?

You realize that news anchors are presenters. Very rarely do they ever write the copy they are reading, especially for a network like Headline News, where the goal is to get the major news items out continuously, and not go too in depth. Television is NOT print journalism, nor should it be.

I've been to some speeches by more traditional journalists. They might have the insightfulness and writing skills, but their public presentation is often off.

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
That image in Scott's post. It looks like a publicity still one would find in an actress's press kit.
If you look at all of the photos from Jezebel's online magazine; they all have a consistent look and were probably done by a staff photographer for publication.

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
ooooo, that was her last night? I was wondering who that was. The wife left the room for a minute after surfing and it was headline news. Lucky me!

Danny R

Supporting Actor
There is just something about middle-eastern women: Rudi Bakhtiar, Eliza Dushku, Natalie Portman, just to name a few...

Danny R

Supporting Actor
Monita Rajpal is on CNN:International.
Sophia Choi is also on Headline News.
Neither holds a candle to Rudi though!
From the geosites pictures she looks awfully short.
I like the answer found on the fan site:
Answer: Depends on the dimensions of the screen on which you are viewing her. Personally, I've invested in several 60" flat-screen plasma HDTV (with surround sound) which comprise a matrix of pleasurable Rudi-viewing hanging on the wall opposite my waterbed. When the lights are low, and mood is right, Rudi is nine freakin' feet tall.

Rob_J

Stunt Coordinator
She's single? I've been secretly appreciating her for quite a while and never knew she was single. Woo Hoo! Like I have a chance in hell though...:rolleyes

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks