What's new

Ruben Studdard - Soulful (1 Viewer)

Shawn C

Screenwriter
Yeah, I bought it, so what?! Just kidding.

You know what, after hearing some singles from the Clay Aiken CD and listening to Ruben's CD, it's obvious (to me) that Ruben has the better voice. He voice has improved even more since the show ended.

Over all, the album is pretty good. The songs on the CD that are more mellow and "soulful" are really very good. It's only when he tries a little hip-hop or rap is where the album falters. That style just doesn't fit him.

I think the best track on the CD is the cover of "How can you mend a broken heart". It really shows his range.

:star: :star: :star: / :star: :star: :star: :star:

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Are the songs all old or are there new ones? He has a good voice but I'd prefer to hear something new and creative.

Shawn C

Screenwriter
No, most of the songs are new. Just a couple of covers, including the "Flying Without Wings" that he sung on the show.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I thought "Sorry 2004" was pretty good, even though his voice doesn't fit the genre very well. It's adequate at the very least.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks