rta software

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Brad Russell, Oct 3, 2003.

1. Brad Russell

Brad Russell Stunt Coordinator

Trying to take mesurments with my RS meter and ploting the readings is one of the most tedious things I have tried to do. Is anyone aware of som RTA Software that would allow me to hook up a mic to my computer and have it spit out the graphs?

Thanks

Brad

PS I have a Mac G4

2. Alan Howard

Alan Howard Extra

I'm not sure about the various RTA programs available but I do know that the few I looked at had some cool features. Have you tried punching your RS meter readings into excel. It's great for graphing and you can also have it correct your readings if you plug in the RS correction table.

3. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

I use this, and highly recommend it. The demo version is free too:

http://www.etfacoustic.com/

Don't know if there's a Mac version though. [​IMG]

4. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

I'm going to move this thread over to the speakers and subwoofers fourm. I remember there being a lot more discussion over there about RTA software.

5. Mark Seaton

Mark Seaton Supporting Actor

Mark Seaton
    True Audio also has RTA software which is quite reasonable in price. There are also some spectrum analysis software packages which work well for low frequency measurements.

There are many packages available. It is mostly a matter of what you would like to be able to measure, and what you are willing to invest. Note that the RS Meter tends to have a lot of variation and is not terribly accurate as a microphone. Generally you can only be certain in accuracy to within a few dB. Certainly fine for level matching with the same test signal, but not for flatness and absolute levels.

6. Mike Dzurko

Mike Dzurko Stunt Coordinator

I've used True RTA in a laptop. I also have ETF in that same laptop. Both are very good tools.