What's new

RT 2600 vs Creative Z5500 (1 Viewer)

CaptCanada

Auditioning
Real Name
Donald Cathcart
Hi all

First, The subject should read Logitech5500 and not Creative Z5500. Sorry!

I have a RCA RT 2600, that I bought about three years ago. I really like it, but a friend of mine was showing me his Logitech Z5500 5.1 speaker setup and when playing scenes from "War Of The Worlds" on volume level 5, I could feel my whole body vibrate from the sound. It was very clean and crisp!

On my RT 2600, using Pioneer speakers for the mains, centre and sattelites and the RCA sub that came with the RT 2600, I have to crank my volume up to what seems to be higher than my friend's volume. Is it because the Logitech supplies more power to the main speakers, 318, and the sub, 188 vice my 100 for the mains and 150 for the sub?

So why does his setup seem louder than mine?

I apologize in advance if I am missing important info!

Thanks

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Welcome to the Forum, Donald!

I notice that you said his “seems” louder. You can’t really go by comparing volume settings with two separate systems. If yours gets as loud as his that’s all that matters, even if your knob is turned further. You don’t know, it might be that his starts crapping out once the knob gets to 7.

If his really is louder, it might be because of the non-stock speakers you’re using. If the Pioneers require more power to operate than the original speakers, then you’re not going to get as much volume.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

CaptCanada

Auditioning
Real Name
Donald Cathcart
Thanks for the reply.

The original setup did include the reciever, the sub, and the four speakers. I opted to use my older Pioneer speakers because I am very happy with them. The were part of my Pioneer setup that included 5 speakers, a cassette player as well as a CD Jukebox player and a stereo reciever.

I am not sure of the make/model of the speakers though. Maybe my friend's sound "better", because they are smaller and the sound can be focused more.

Is there anything I can do, beside replacing the reciever and is that a good idea? to get that same "chest thumping" feeling?

Thanks again!

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
That “chest thumping” thing is all in the subwoofer. If that’s what you’re after, that’s what you need to upgrade.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

CaptCanada

Auditioning
Real Name
Donald Cathcart
Any suggestions as to what would be a good sub to replace it with? What about my speakers, which are about 4ft tall? Should I look at smaller more powerful speakers?

Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks