RS SPL meter

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Daniel T, Mar 2, 2002.

1. Daniel T

Daniel T Stunt Coordinator

I picked up my RS SPL Analog meter yesterday for $32 dollars with tax. I live in Birmingham, AL and don't know if this is a local sale but the RS I went to had them 25% off. I just wanted to let everyone know who was thinking about picking one up.

I haven't bought the AVIA calabration disk but wanted to know if anyone has ever seen Blockbuster carry them for rent. I can't wait to calibrate my system.

2. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

Hi Daniel. While the setup disks are better, check your receiver. A lot of them have a "test" feature that will give you test tones to all 5 speakers. (but not to the sub if its a Yamaha).

Good Luck.

3. Daniel T

Daniel T Stunt Coordinator

Bob,

I have read many threads about calibrating HT system but I am still confused. On my SPL meter I know I need to switch to 70db w/ C weighting and slow response. I have a H/K avr 55 and the volume will go from 0 to 70. Do I turn the volume to a desired setting then adjust the left, center, right, surrounds, and sub. What is the best way to do the calibration.

4. Brian E

Brian E Screenwriter

I can confirm that the sale isn't just local. I just picked one up for $29.99 + tax. Thanks Daniel.

5. Dan Brodin

Dan Brodin Stunt Coordinator

Yes I also picked up the RS Analog SPL meter yesterday for $29.99 + tax in Illinois.

-Dan

6. Alexis

Alexis Stunt Coordinator

It's on sale in California too. Many places are out and they say that they haven't received any shipments in a while