What's new

RS Gold vs Blue Jean vs Outlaw (1 Viewer)

Bob_M

Stunt Coordinator
Hi everyone,

I am looking for some good interconnects to use with my new Outlaw 950/7100. I have used Radio Shack Gold in the past and have been pleased. My only concern is how tight they fit on the RCA jack. When your switching components around for in home trials it can become a pain.

Has anyone compared the Radio Shack connectors to Outlaw or Blue Jean? Outlaw has a locking RCA, what does that mean?

BTW, Radio Shack will now be carrying the monster line.

Thanks Bob

DaveHo

Supporting Actor
Locking RCA means the outer barrel of the plug turns to tighten/loosen the grip on the jack.

I have some of the Outlaw PCA's. The build quality is good, but I really hate the locking barrel. Makes the connector really bulky, and with the already quite cramped back panel on my pre/pro, are a pain to connect & disconnect. No experience with the other specific two you mention.

-Dave

Bob_M

Stunt Coordinator
I ordered the cables today from BJC. I spoke with Kurt the owner today, very nice guy. I spent about $40 more than I would in Radio Shack but I was able to get the exact length I need. Plus I will not have to deal with tight connectors.

Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks