RS double bowtie question.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Stephen Graham, Jul 30, 2002.

1. Stephen Graham

Hello, I'm diving into HDTV and am hoping that someone here can answer my question. Not sure if this is the right spot to post this, but here goes. Is there anyway to test reception with the RSDB without having an HDTV tuner? IE, can one hook up their RSDB to their set and be able to pick up the digital broadcast, but just not in HDTV? I'm still on the fence with HDTV receivers/tuners and it would be great to know if I can even pick up the over the air digital signal before I put down my hard earned cash. I live in Warwick RI .(just in case any HDTV users from R.I. are reading this) Thank you ahead of time for your input.

2. James Zubb

James Zubb Stunt Coordinator

No. The only thing you can do is try to pick up the analog channels that broadcast from the same general location as the digital. You can make an estimate on how well you will be able to get a digital channel by how well you can pick up the analogs.

The main thing you need to look out for is ghosting on the analogs. This means multipath which can cause dropouts on the digital channel depending on the severity.

Not from R.I. myself so can't help you with specifics.