RS 75-Ohm Bidirect. Attenuator/ plus other ?s (Mits46807)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ron-P, May 23, 2001.

1. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    Does anyone use this device for the Red-Push issue with their Mits RPTVs.
    In anticipation of my new 46807 arriving Saturday I picked up this little device plus 2 Phono-to-F Pin connectors. I noticed that quite a few people over at the HTS forum use it and are quite happy with its performance.
    I will most likely built one later if this does not do the job, but I was wondering if anyone of you fine folks are using it and if so do you have any tips.
    Also, once the 46807 is out of the box and on its stand, what are some of the first things I should do, tweaking wise? I do have AVIA so I know that is a must.
    Any special instructions I need to give to my DVD player, a Sony DVP-S530D?
    Peace Out~ [​IMG]
    ------------------
    http://home.earthlink.net/~peregrinefalcon/

2. JoelW

JoelW Stunt Coordinator

From what I understand, you need to let your rear projection TVs "break in" around 100 hours before you calibrate. The advice I have been given (I'm about to buy a Toshiba 56H80) is to turn down all the settings for the first hundred hours, then calibrate.
    I've also heard that you should recalibrate after a month of two of daily use.
    ------------------
    Joel White
    Editor CheapHomeTheater.com

3. Stacey_V

Stacey_V Stunt Coordinator

Ron...
    With regards to your DVD player...make sure you set it so that it is outputting for a 16x9 TV. No more down conversion! Also, if your Sony DVD player has the "digital image enhancers", you will probably want to turn these off. I've never seen these "features" improve the picture any.
    Enjoy your new toy!
    Stacey
    ------------------
    [​IMG]

4. rin

rin Stunt Coordinator

For God's sake, the FIRST thing you should do is turn the contrast down(from 100) to about 25-30! Do this on all inputs you plan on using as the Mits has independent memory settings for all inputs and they ALL have contrast set at 100.
    And like Stacey said, you can now set your DVD player to output 16:9!
    ------------------
    My Home Theater

5. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

Ron,
    You can calibrate your new set with Avia the first day you own it. As others have mentionned, IMMEDIATELY turn the contrast down to about 30%, leave the set on for an hour or so before calibrating with AVIA.
    You will probably want to recalibrate every few weeks as the set breaks in, but you do not have to wait 100 hours before the first calibration.
    I calibrated my Hitachi NTSC set the first day, and recheck every few weeks. I've had the set almost 2 years and so far nothing's changed from the original calibration.
    ------------------
    Steve S.
    I prefer not to push the subwoofers until they're properly run in.

6. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    Thanks again guys (and gals), will do all of the above.
    I must say, although the HTSpot is a good source of info. under there manufacture areas, it does get a bit unnerving about how many people have problems with RPTVs. It seems they require a lot of work and that a lot of things can go wrong with them. Guess I'm just getting a bit nervous and hoping everything turns on and fires up OK.