RS 15-2104 backlight longer

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bob Christensen, Jan 31, 2002.

1. Bob Christensen

Bob Christensen Stunt Coordinator

Does anybody know if there is a way to extend the duration of time that the backlighting stays on. Also, I have to push the backlight button twice to get it to work right, any ideas?

2. Rob Dawn

Rob Dawn Stunt Coordinator

On the 15-1994 (the remote that the 15-2104 replaced), there was no way to change how long the backlight stayed on - so the 2104 is probably the same.
    As for having to push the backlight button twice... That button is for actually turning the backlight feature on/off - not for actually turning the backlight on.
    So, in effect, what you're doing, is turning the backlight feature off, then back on - which has the side effect of lighting up the remote.
    If you just want the remote to light up, point it at your leg or something and press any key. (That's what I used to do before I turned the backlight feature off because it uses up the batteris MUCH faster. I've pretty much got all the buttons memorized now. [​IMG] )
    Rob