HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Title: RRR (2022)

Tagline: Rise, roar, revolt.

Genre: Action, Drama

Director: S. S. Rajamouli

Cast: N.T. Rama Rao Jr., Ram Charan, Alia Bhatt, Ajay Devgn, Ray Stevenson, Alison Doody, Olivia Morris, Samuthirakani, Shriya Saran, Chatrapathi Sekhar, Makrand Deshpande, Rajiv Kanakala, Rahul Ramakrishna, Edward Sonnenblick, Ahmareen Anjum, Twinkle Sharma, Varun Buddhadev, Spandan Chaturvedi, R. Bhakti Klein, Mark Bennington, Gaurav Pareek, Alexx O'Nell, S. S. Rajamouli

Release: 2022-03-24

Runtime: 187

Plot: A fictional history of two legendary revolutionaries' journey away from home before they began fighting for their country in the 1920s.

Anyone see this yet? overall I dug it but you have to be willing to put up with it being dubbed in Hindi from its original language and watch in English subtitles with, well, the English as the bad guys.

It’s getting great buzz via Netflix. Fictionalized and lionized (heh) retelling of India fighting for its independence. Something I know very little about. It’s very long but was very enjoyable. Very Shakespearean with musical/dance breaks and some wild if obvious CGI. Hints of Predator, Dirty Dozen, West Side Story, buddy cop movies and more with over the top action.

The 4K transfer is very colorful but the Atmos mix. could have used more bass

Baenwort

Auditioning
Real Name
Cee
It is supposed to be release in 50 different language dubs:https://www.republicworld.com/enter...ages-across-the-world-report-articleshow.html

Eventually the English dub will be on Netflix. I do wonder if the original language dub will make it as apparently the on scene shots have multiple different languages and the dibs are standardizing the spoken l
Words to one language.

Do you recall if there was a switch to English for the villains in the dub you watched?

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Weeelll, that was amazingly historically accurate. 😆
Kick ass tune and choreography though.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I have not yet seen the movie, only the above clip. It's interesting to me that with this much money, the lip sync is not great. Even the English speaking parts does not perfectly match the lips.

cinemiracle

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
A very enjoyable and fast moving film. Very over the top but a very engaging story. Pity that they had to (as most Indian films do ) shove musical song and dance sequences in the film that had no relation to the story. A song sung during a brutal torture scene was very out of place. Great direction and mostly superb special effects. The musical and dance scene after the finale had no place in this film. To see the entire cast -friends and enemies - dancing and singing all together as friends is another flaw with some Indian films.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zaydarecov
Recent bookmarks