RPTV's with IEEE1394 and DVI

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ken_S, Jan 22, 2003.

1. Ken_S

Ken_S Auditioning

First off, let me say hello. This is my first post on this forum!
    Ok, here's my ?. I'm in the market for a Widesceen RPTV, and one with DVI and firewire connects, just in case we get screwed by Hollywood + the government. I know that RCA has the Scenium, and Hitachi has one, who else makes them? Also, if you have seen one in action, what are your thought on it?
    I intend to go looking for myself here soon; however,I live in the middle of nowhere, and it's a good 1.5-2.5 hour drive to go and see any selection, so I want to know where to start before I make the trip.
    I have no brand preference, and I have given myself a budget ( ok, the wife did[​IMG] ) of about $3000, give or take a bit. And I don't want anything bigger than 57".
    Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Ken

2. Scott.Lacy

Scott.Lacy Extra

Ken

My Brother-in-Law just bought a new Sony 51" from ABC Warehouse that has the DVI input. I have not had a chance to see it in action, as they do not have anything to hook it up to, but it does have the input for it.

Scott

3. Dave.Reb

Dave.Reb Auditioning

In the fall, when the new TV model year begins there will probably be more, but for now RCA and the Hitachi XWX series are it, and if I'm not mistaken the RCA IEEE connection is only one-way. But for now, I think the Hitachi 57XWX20B might be what you seek. Its a bit more than 3000 though.