RPTV Vibration

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Shawn C, Oct 9, 2001.

1. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

Ever since I recently upgraded my main speakers to Klipsch RP3's (Built-in 10" Powered Sub), my tv has been rattling. I really can't move the speakers any further away from the TV.
    It sounds like the frame around the plastic screen in front of the tv is vibrating like crazy whenever those subs kick in. It sounds horrible. Is it worth it tro try and take apart the front of my television to try and figure out how to stop the squeaky vibrations, or should I just leave it alone. I don't want to ruin a $2500 T.V.!

2. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
  3. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

I have a Sony KP61-V45 (It's a 61" Sony TV) It seems as though the screen is vibrating along it's edges where the frame is.

4. Tomas_S

Tomas_S Agent

I had the same situation with my 61HS10. It seems that Sony likes to place the screens loosely in the cabinet.
    They way I fixed this is by folding a few pieces of paper and wedging it between the cabinet and the glare screen. This gave it a snug fit. It seems like a funny fix but it works.
    I can't see the paper from any angle and it does not bow the screen or cause distortion. Give it a try.
    ------------------
    Tomas (t [​IMG]' m [​IMG] s)
    [Edited last by Tomas_S on October 11, 2001 at 04:09 AM]