What's new

RPTV that can show 720p w/o conversion? (1 Viewer)

DuWayne

Stunt Coordinator
Reading Mitsubishi's site, it appears to me that when they say "HD Upgradable", they are refering to there "promise":
Wrong....this is something different. HD-Upgradable is Industry lingo for "...you must add external box..." Heed this advice; If you go and buy a HD-Upgradable RPTV and think you will be able to display a 720p source without a "external box" (HD Tuner), you WILL be dissapointed.

John_F

Stunt Coordinator
Please note that I am replying, in general, and not to the original posters question.

This is waht I have been tring to say all along: In my opinion I do not consider "HD-Upgradable" Industry lingo, I consider it your's and Mitsubishi's lingo. "HD-Ready", "HDTV-Compatible", "HD-Monitor", "HDTV Television", I consider "industry lingo", there is already enough terminolgy out there to confuse people, why add more?

Just arguing, :)
Sorry for hijacking the thread
John Flegert

John_F

Stunt Coordinator

I disagree. Maybe my definition of industry is wrong, I consider "industry" to be companies, consumers, you, me, forums, ... and "lingo" to be something that is agreed on in general by these entities. Just because Mitsubishi (or Sony, or Panasonic, or you) say something, that doesn't make it "industry lingo" in my book.

At this point, I think we are arguing in circles. I know that I think you are wrong and I am right. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks