RPTV Screen and Kids

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Lee Carbray, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Lee Carbray

Lee Carbray Second Unit

I will be purchasing a new TV within the next month and have been eyeing a few RPTV models, the from runner right now being the Sony 42" RP LCD. I am concerned however about the durability of the screens on these tv's. I have a 2 year old and will most like have another child within a year. My son on more then one occasion has used our current direct view as a drum. Now the nice hard glass tube on that TV just laughed in his face, but I am not so sure this new tv will do the same. Sony's manual scares me even more with talk about "easily scratched" and "clean with supplied cloth comments".

Am I worrying to much or should I perhaps put off the big screen purchase until the kids know daddy will break there arms if the touch the tv?

2. John S

John S Producer

No protector screen on that one? I thought they all came with that these days.

Your concern is warranted, but, you should be able to get an anti-glare protector screen for it, if it does not come with one. I still think it will come with one though.

3. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings

Can also buy a sheet of plexiglass from local store cut to fit and attach to front of TV ... when children present. Remove when gone.

Can use string / velcro / metal brackets to attach.

Regards

4. Lee Carbray

Lee Carbray Second Unit

Thanks for the options. I will take them into consideration.

5. matt-f

matt-f Second Unit

I do believe there is an external scratch sheild which can be attached to the TV as an accessory. You should contact the manufacturer for further options.