What's new

RPTV Recommendations (1 Viewer)

BrianMe

Stunt Coordinator
I know this comes up a ton, but I'm looking for a recommendation on an RPTV. My 55" RCA just took a dump (residual results of a lightening strike on my home a couple months ago). Since this forum was so spectacular in recommending my subwoofer replacement (it too was hit by lightening and I replaced with an SVS PC+ 21-39), that I thought I'd look for TV recommendations.

I want HDTV, 16:9, glare screen and component input. I've seen lots of recommendations on the Pany 53Wx53, but I'm looking for more. I'm feeding it with a new Sony 653 progressive scan DVD player (that was hit by lightening too, the insurance companies loves me), and I'd love to be able to take advantage of the progressive scan features.

I figure the insurance company is going to pick up about the first $1800-$2000, and I'm willing to put another $1500-$2000 on top of that, so assume my budget is in the $3500-$4000 range. HOWEVER, I don't want to overspend if I don't need to. If I can get a great TV in the $2000 range, I'd rather do that than pay for extras I'm not going to use.

My room is 14x22, and seating position is about 12ft from the screen right now. The 55" standard screen is just about perfect size.

Thanks in advance!

Brian

Terry Flink

Stunt Coordinator
My Sony 36" died on me this last week. I replaced it with a Mitsubishi WS55511 (55") for 2499.00. I had been considering a bigger TV for some time and had been researching options when I was "forced" into a decision. It was down to the Pioneers or the Mitsubishis. The 55511 has an integrated HD tuner that allows me to receive OTA HD broadcast. The picture is wonderful and even better after some tweaking. I am reluctant to pay for a membership to a forum, but the $25.00 for the Home Theater Spot was well worth it. You can get into the general forum for free and they have a great Mitsubishi section. The membership allows you to access areas to tweak your set to eliminate red push and convergence issues. This is starting to sound like an ad for them....but its another resource available.

Bottom line...I love my new Mitsubishi WS55511.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks