RPTV Owners, where do you keep your AV equipment?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by SummyD, Jul 5, 2005.

1. SummyD

SummyD Stunt Coordinator

I would like to improve the looks of my family room's area where most of my HT equipment is kept. Currently, I have, from L-R, a subwoofer, left front floorstanding speaker, AV rack, a Toshiba 50" RPTV, right front speaker.The center speaker sits on top of the TV. I would like to make this look less cluttered. I don't seem to have enough space (I have maybe 8" more available) for those entertainment centers that have racks on either side.

Any suggestions? How do you have your layout done? Anyone using shelves on top of the TV?

2. PhilBoy

PhilBoy Second Unit

3. Matt^Brown

Matt^Brown Supporting Actor

Summy I bought a big screen entertainment center because I did not like the way all my stuff looked either. I got mine from HH Greg for $325 but you had to put the thing together. I could have easily taken out the bottom doors and shelf and placed my towers inside the center. I had room so I did not do that but this might be and option for you. This will give you shelving for your components and center speaker and you will still have a spot for you towers.

4. Andrew Stoakley

Andrew Stoakley Stunt Coordinator

Hey Summy,

I knocked a whole in the wall of an unused under stairs compartment and made a permanent rack. Check out the pics at the link below.

Cheers,
    Andrew

5. SummyD

SummyD Stunt Coordinator

I like your suggestion, Matt. I might check out the HHGregg piece too. Another compromise solution for me is to buy a better looking rack. I just have a basic $80 one right now with thin walls and some wires showing in the back.

Appreciate everyone's suggestions.