RPTV or FP

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Mark_Graham, Jun 19, 2003.

1. Mark_Graham

Mark_Graham Extra

Hello All,

First off, I'd like to say thanks to everyone who posts on these forums. I've gathered quite a bit of information and I'm just beginning to get seriously into the Home Theater arena. I currently have a non HDTV Toshiba RPTV, and I would like to upgrade to HDTV. I'm debating between the Sanyo Z1 or a HD RPTV. I really like the idea of having a FP. I watch quite a bit of TV, DVD Movies and play X-box games. I'd like to be able to provide "big screen" internet access as well. Sunday's during football season the TV's (I have 2 Toshiba 14" Flat screen tv's as well) are on all day (I'm a football nut). I wanted to get opinions on whether to switch to a FP or RPTV. I realize that bulb life is also an issue and should cost me around $300 each for a replacement for the Z1. I also realize I could use my current RPTV for regular viewing but I'd like to have one or the other. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Regards,

Mark

2. Ralph B

Ralph B Supporting Actor

seeing you already have a RPTV I'd go FP!

for one throw out HDTV as there isnt enough out there to take advantage of it at present. but.... depending on what you want to spend you could get yourself a HDTV FP.

personally for the price I laugh at RPTV, you get more for your dollar if you get a FP. bigger screen and better viewing!!!!!!

I use my FP for sports and movies, thats it so your bulb will go along way if you watch everything else on your current RPTV. once I bought a FP I laughed at RPTV when I looked at them again. no competition. screen size is everything!!!! [​IMG]

go FP!!!!!!!!

3. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
  4. Mark_Graham

Mark_Graham Extra

Thanks! I'll check them out.

5. DaViD Boulet

DaViD Boulet Lead Actor

Also, go to www.avscience.com and check out their digital projectors forums (one for projector < $5K and one for projectors > $5K.)

Excellent info.

Bottom line. If you can turn off the lights...go front projection. It's the greatest secret in HT right now...for the same price as a RP HDTV you can go FP and get an image that in many ways SMOKES that RP picture!

-dave