RPTV help ????

Discussion in 'Displays' started by AllanRW, Jan 13, 2004.

1. AllanRW

AllanRW Second Unit

Ok i had a Pioneer 50 RPTV and after 5 years Sears can not warrenty to fix it and I may be getting a new one!!I will find out in the next few days I hope.

Ok the issue.
    I just finished my HT room and the TV was built in the wall.
    Opening
    42.75 Width
    53.5 Height
    depth lots

I am looking for the biggest I can get into that opening.
    And no I can not open the hole larger.
    I may have to pull the TV out and build a small plat form if needed.

Thats
    Al

2. Tod Golden

Tod Golden Stunt Coordinator

Hmmmm, let me go measure mine, just a sec. Nope, mine wouldn't fit. But judging from my measurements I would think you could get a 51 incher in there. Mine is a 61 in and the meacurements are 57.5" wide by 56.5 tall.

Why not just grab a tape measure and head to your local AV store and measure some. Not sure what kind of store you have up there in BC but thats what I would do if I had a limited opening.

Tod

3. Mike-C

Mike-C Extra

I agree with Tod. Bring a tape measure to the store with you and start measuring, thats what I did.

Another idea would be to search the web. I don't know if Best Buy or Circuit City have stores in BC, but their websites list the dimensions of all the projection tv's they sell.

If nothing else you may be able to find a few RPTV's on their sites that meet your size requirements. You can get their model numbers and visit your local retailer to see if you actually like the sets.

4. AllanRW

AllanRW Second Unit

Ythat was my plan.Just thought I would ask if anyone had input on brand they liked that would fit.
    Well off to measure TV's.