What's new

rptv & dreamcast. (1 Viewer)

erik bush

Agent
i think this goes in here, since i think my tv is the issue. anyway, i have a 50" toshiba rptv that i love. i have my dvd & sat hooked up and everything is fine. i have a problem with my dreamcast tho, the picture is shifted to the right an inch or so. it happens with all games (and without games). i tried s-video & composite (two different cables). it works fine on my 27" jvc directview tv. i checked all over sega's site, couldn't find anything in the tech area. any ideas guys?
thanks,
~erik
i thought it was convergence, but the dvd/sat picture is dead on, and i even unplugged the sat and moved the dreamcast hookup to that in (thought maybe my video 2 in was hosed up or something). does the same thing.
------------------
my dvd list
"what, were they psychos?" "did they look like psychos? is that what they looked like? they were vampires. psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, i don't give a *#@% how crazy they are."
[Edited last by erik bush on October 18, 2001 at 12:41 PM]

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
I don't think there is anything you can do about it. I get the same result on my set, even with the Audio Authority VGA-to-component adapter.
BTW, if your set has a line-doubler, lightguns may not work on your RPTV, although I heard they will work if you use the VGA interface/adapter.
------------------
Max Leung

erik bush

Agent
yeah i think you're right. i just pulled my psx out of the closet and it does the same thing.
~erik
------------------
my dvd list
"what, were they psychos?" "did they look like psychos? is that what they looked like? they were vampires. psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, i don't give a *#@% how crazy they are."

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
From what i remember, its something about compensating for overscan...
smile.gif

Where do i get a VGA-to-component adaptor? I might get a Digital 4:3 TV, and would love to play dC in VGA!
------------------
The So Family Home Theater!
http://www.multimania.com/sonick182/ht/index.html
You're all entitled to your opinion, but you're all wrong!!! - Paul Dalmine

erik bush

Agent
ebay is probably your best bet. i've been looking for one myself, just to hook up to my 17" monitor to mess around with. supposed to be amazing (well, more amazing) looking.
~erik
------------------
my dvd list

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I have a VGA box already for dreamcast... it is amazing, great colors, very coool... I got it for $12.99 USD, its a NAKI that also comes with Svideo output...
Im looking for a VGA-to-Component cable so if i get a HD-Ready HDTV i can use my DC in 640x480p
------------------
The So Family Home Theater!
http://www.multimania.com/sonick182/ht/index.html
You're all entitled to your opinion, but you're all wrong!!! - Paul Dalmine

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks