What's new

RPTV Delivery Boondoggle (1 Viewer)

Mike_L

Auditioning
:angry:
Sunday, March 24: Placed order for 61" Sony TV from reputable, authorized online dealer in midwest. Delivery includes "white-glove" service.
Wednesday, March 27: TV leaves dealer warehouse
Thursday, April 4: TV arrives at local freight company warehouse in California. I call to schedule delivery. First available delivery is following Tuesday, April 9. I ask if any earlier dates are possible - negative. Tuesdays are generally not good for me. What is next available date? Tuesday, April 16. I confirm Tuesday, April 9. Representative asks me if any stairs at my house. I reply two flights of stairs, one from street to house, one inside house, specifying that each flight has three steps. Representative tells me that they will contact me on Monday to give me time window.
Monday, April 8: Local freight company calls me to confirm delivery of TV for tomorrow between 3pm and 7pm. I arrange for relative to be present at house since I cannot be home during those times.
Tuesday, April 9: Relative drives one hour to my house, arriving at 2:30. Driver calls at 2:45, stating that TV is on truck, but that he cannot deliver it today since it is too heavy for only two people. Driver states that according to paperwork, stairs are involved, and that additional manpower is needed. Relative calls to let me know the situation. I contact local freight company at 3:30. Representative at local freight company apologizes for inconvenience, but confirms situation and states that they must get approval from seller to authorize additional manpower for delivery. Additional manpower cannot be dispatched today, and delivery will be "as soon as possible." I contact seller at 5:00 to explain situation, telling them I am very disappointed with lack of common sense used by the local freight company. Seller does not understand issue of why freight company could not send sufficient manpower to deliver TV. Seller states that they will contact freight company to resolve situation.
Meanwhile, it's been over two weeks since my order was placed, and I still don't know when to expect delivery. Furthermore, I wasted over three hours of my relative's time.
Thanks for listening - just had to vent...
:angry:

Neil White

Supporting Actor
Mike,

Condolences. That kind of thing crawls all over me. Hope you get it sorted soon.

N

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
I think it's Panasonic that has the ad where the TV is sitting on the lawn and a chain-saw is busy working to enlarge the door.

There was a survey that found one of the most requested features for HDTV's was that the unit break & ship in 2 crates for ease of delivery.

Our thoughts are with you.

Martin Edwards

Auditioning
The new Hitachi widescreens are going to come apart into 2 pieces for those 'difficult' deliveries. I just learned this at a Cedia regional this weekend.

Mike_L

Auditioning
:D
Wednesday, April 10: Local freight company contacts me to say that delivery will be the following day between 3 and 7. This time, they will bring three people.
Thursday, April 11:
4pm - Truck shows up. TV is delivered.
9pm - I get home.
11pm - Enjoying The English Patient in all its glory. Just like being at the theater!!
All's well that ends well.
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks