What's new

RPTV burn-in? (1 Viewer)

Brad O

Auditioning
I am considering purchasing a rear projection tv, but I've heard bits and pieces about screen burn-ins caused by some tv station logos or watching letterbox movies frequently.

My question is... how long does it take for these burn-ins to occur? My main concern is that I watch the History channel very frequently on weekends, and it has the constant "H" in the lower right corner. Is there a way to avoid having that logo burn-in to the screen?

Thanks for your help.

-Brad

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
The length of time for burn-in to become noticeable depends on several factors, such as intensity, duration, color, etc. Most TVs I've seen with burn-in problems were either very new (and the owner was careless) or 4-5 years old and beginning to show wear. In the latter case, the burn-in was only noticable under scrutiny, and not under normal viewing conditions.

To tell you the truth, I haven't given burn-in a lot of thought lately. I'd rather enjoy my TV watching what I want to. I just keep the contrast low and hope nothing happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks