What's new

RPTV as monitor?? (1 Viewer)

Johnny Ayala

Stunt Coordinator
anybody out there tell me how to connect my computer to my toshiba 61' RPTV so that I'm able to use it as a monitor? I've seen it done before, but can't figure it out. Thanks for the help
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
htf_images_smilies_popcorn.gif

KyleS

Screenwriter
Johnny,

This can be done but the results are quite Poor. Your maximum resolution unless its an HDTV is going to be somewhere around 640x480 or less with very few colors. Reading text is almost impossible and about all you could do effectively is play some games. All you need to hook this up is a Video card with a Video out port. Under the Display properties you can usually turn on the output to your TV and assuming you are on the right input on your TV the image will be displayed.

I cant tell you how dissapointed I was doing this for a recent meeting I had. My only option was to output the video to a 32" TV because all of our projectors were in use at the office. MY presentation lacked a lot because people couldnt tell what I was talking about.

KyleS

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Don't some TV's have VGA ports? You could do at least 640x480 i'd think... dunno how it'd look

But if you used a basic video connection such as Composite or Svideo, it would look horrible

Johnny Ayala

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks guys.........I was also told that it would cause really bad burn-in on my screen. Guess it won't be big screen yahoo for me. thanks again. Johnny
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
htf_images_smilies_popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks