RPTV and PS2

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by andy_brehm, Apr 2, 2002.

1. andy_brehm

andy_brehm Stunt Coordinator

I just bought Grand Theft Auto 3 this weekend and i was looking through the usuers manual when I saw a warning the related to Projection TVs. It said that you should consult your Tv manufacturer's user manual before connecting a PS2 to your projection TV. I have never heard of this before so my PS2 has been hooked up to my TV for months now. I looked in my users manual for my tv (Pannisonic RP-61hx40) to see if it said anything but i couldnt find anything.

can anyone here bring some resolution to this for me? it would really suck if I cant play my PS2 on my RpTV, but if I might mess it up if I do, I will disconnect it. Anyone know where I can get the information?

Thanks

andy

2. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

I think they're trying warn you of the possibility of "burn-in" on your RPTV. If a static image (ie: scores, health bars, ammo counts... etc) is displayed on the crt's for a prolonged period of time you may see a "shadow" where that image was permanently on the screen.

To avoid this, lower the contrast and brightnes on your RPTV to below 50% and avoid prolonged gameplay.

3. andy_brehm

andy_brehm Stunt Coordinator

i thought that was more for older sets...not so?

4. Niranjan

Niranjan Auditioning

all rptvs even new hdtv sets