What's new

RPHDTV what are the chances... (1 Viewer)

Ottis Fletcher

Stunt Coordinator
Im getting Sony hp46wt500 RPHDTV in a few days and have been reading up on that model and RPHDTVs in general. I see people having problems with calibration when they first get it, so they need a technician to come out and re-calibrate the bulbs for them. Is this normal or just rare cases? All so I was (Im sure most of you are sick of this question) wondering about static images burning into HDTVs, is it the same problem that plagued analog RPTVs? Would letterboxing from DVDs with a wider ratio then 1.78:1 burn into the screen? Would adjusting the brightness, contrast, and picture prevent or slow down static image burn from live bars and what not on video games? One more thing I have digital cable would an HDTV receiver turn that signal into HDTV on the programs encoded with it?

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
One more thing I have digital cable would an HDTV receiver turn that signal into HDTV on the programs encoded with it?
It depends on your cable company. Here in NYC Time Warner Cable used to leave the HD channels unscrambled so that you could receive them with any HD decoder box that accepted the cable connection. Now they scramble them, so that only the box they provide can decode the HD.

M.

Users who are viewing this thread