What's new

RP91 vs Yamaha 2095 DACS (1 Viewer)

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
I have been listening to movies in analogue mode via the DACs provided with my Panny RP91.
Just want to confirm I'm doing this correctly.
I have hooked up the 6 channel analog outputs from the RP91 into the corresponding inputs on my Yamaha 2095. The settings for DD & DTS are set to PCM. I engage the External Decoder on the Yamaha 2095.
I have also gone to the multi-channel setup on the RP91 and set all the speakers to small.
This setup now has me listening to DD & DTS movies in analog mode through my RP91 DACs - correct?
If so, I must say the difference is significant. I am hearing things never heard before!
I am still getting use to the difference in sound due to the higher crossover at 100 vs the 90 of my Yamaha for LFE.
But it is sounding better to me all the time.
To be fair even using the DD/DTS decoders of the RP91 are an improvement over those in my Yamaha 2095.
Is anyone else experiencing the same thing as I am with older receivers?
------------------
Every man is my superior, in that I may learn from him.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
I should also mention that I am using a Smart Devices Csx Jr. to derive a rear centre channel. Using the analog mode of the RP91 is causing the Csx Jr to extract much more rear centre channel information ie the processing light is coming on with much greater frequency during a movie.
The Csx Jr is an analog device so I suppose that running in analog for all channels makes sense. Agree or disagree?
------------------

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Anybody out there? :)
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks