What's new

rp91 upgrade problem? (1 Viewer)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I have a pioneer rptv that has the lock in full. Before doing the rp91 upgrade, when I go to u4 and go over on an anamorphic disc, cycling between auto, zoom, shrink and normal has no effect. On nonanamorphics, it does change. This is due to lock in full or at least I always thought so.

Now, I do the upgrade and do this same thing on an anamorphic disc and now cycling through changes the picture size.

The tv itself has always locked in full when using the rp91 for both anamorphic and non, and continues to do so.

Either this is a fix of a bug, or it's screwed up and no longer giving me the right picture. Anyone have any ideas?

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I guess no one else has this combo (rp91 and pioneer rptv)?
Anyway, while it's a pain to have lost the easiest way I had to tell if something was anamorphic or not, as best I can tell, I'm still getting the right picture.
The upgrade disc was generously mailed to me by a fellow HTFer, so if anyone needs it and would like me to send it along, just send me a private message. First come, first serve. :)

Jesse Leonard

Second Unit
Did you remember to press the progressive button on the front of the player. The update defaults progressive to off. And to set the player to output 16:9 not 4:3.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Yes, the progressive button was turned back on (I figured that out quickly when the U mode only had 1 and 2). As for resetting to 4x3, I'll have to look at that and see if that's the problem. Thanks for the idea.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
You know, I've had this rp91 for a few months and use it every day and am constantly using the on screen display menu and cycling through various parts, but I completely forgot that there was another setup menu. I used it when I first got it and then forgot about it. Sure enough, going in there are setting things as they should be has me back to where it was.
Thank you so much Jesse for the idea. :)

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
I just came back here to report on what I found. I have an RP91 (v.236 firmware) and a Pioneer RPTV. I reset to a 16:9 TV in setup, set progressive out, and cycling the U4 display mode on the player has no effect for an anamorphic disc.
But it looks like you already figured that out. So all is right with the world. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks