What's new

RP91, RP82 availability & replacement models (1 Viewer)

Rich Wenzel

Supporting Actor
the denon 1600 is very nice. i bought mine after my rp56 died. the rp56 had horrible build quality. the denon is better, but still not very good. just so you guys know, the denon remote is very similar to the rp56 remote, and both remotes work on the 1600...

rich

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
Can anyone verify if the 72/82/91 can play SVCD's too?
Officially, they do not. Unofficially, they do not :)

Properly, anyway. Sometimes you get stuttering video and audio, or video with stuttering out-of-sync audio...it's different with just about every SVCD disc I have (which is not many). I've read that there's a way of 'tricking' the player by writing the CD as if it were a VCD disc, but that's just too much effort.

greg_t

Screenwriter
Thanks Jose T. I read on another forum someone stating theirs had the 259 firmware. I was curious as to what yours had with a recent manufacture date. Thanks.

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
I was just in a local Futureshop today in my area and they had a display RP82 instock. Probably could be had for less than the $399CDN it was listed at.

Kevin

Donnie Eldridge

Supporting Actor
I read on another forum someone stating theirs had the 259 firmware.
This really surprises me. I'll give credit to Panasonic for continuing to update the RP91. It's a shame there not going to come out with another high-end dvd player. They really made a name for themselves with the introduction of the RP91. I hope my lasts for sometime.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Well I put my order in for an RP82 just today. That is the model that I want in my a/v rack for now.

Kevin McCurdy

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know of a file somewhere that will allow RP91 users to upgrade their firmware?

My RP91 needs to be updated. I remember upgrading it about a year ago by downloading a file and copying it to CD and then playing it in the RP91.

PaulT

Supporting Actor
Neil, FYI
I got my RP92 today at Future Shop in Vernon BC. They had 3 in stock (NIB) and could not get any more. I paid 399CDN - that's about 250US for ya'll south of the border. My original deal at London Drugs for 350CDN fell through as he could not get any more even though the rep said there was some left out west.

Kevin W. - thanks for the tip, forgot they sold Panasonic
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks