What's new

RP91 not playing Saving Private Ryan(DTS) (1 Viewer)

Charles M

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone else had problems with this disk. I tried to play it last night and it won't read the disk. Player gave me a message " player doesn't play theses types types of disk". Has this been mentioned before w/Dreamwork's DVD's?

Shrek works just fine. Any suggestions?

Charles

Tom Morgan

Stunt Coordinator
I will try SPR DTS with my RP-91 when I get home. It used to work. I just up graded the firmware for the RP91 to 236. What firmware do you have in your RP-91? To check what version you have, just press Stop, Pause, Open/Close button at the same time with one hand and then press 7 on remote control with your other hand. Look at last 3 digits.

James D S

Screenwriter
Tom, I just tried SPR dts with my freshly upgraded (to 236) RP91 and it plays like a charm. So to answer your question, Charles, it should play fine. If it doesn't, troubleshoot it accordingly. Good luck.

Charles M

Stunt Coordinator
Tom and James,

Thanks for the response. I hear people talking about he filmware update. Just got the RP91 last week, brand new, manufactured in October. I'll check the filmware just in case. Thanks again guys. Be back later to let you guys know anymore info.

Charles

Charles M

Stunt Coordinator
I just checked for the filmware. It's 227. I don't have a CD burner. Do I have to send it back to JandR's for the upgrade?

James,

Before you upgraded did you have problems with SPR(DTS)? How about you Tom?

Charles

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
Charles,
Check out this thread. It contains a lot of information on the firmware upgrade. I don't believe you'll have to send your RP91 back to the vendor if you can get one of these guys to mail you the CD. I believe others are attempting to do the same thing.
Good luck, and let us know what you think of this DVD player. I'm still on the fence about it myself (why can't I give up my DV-37???)

donovan_chin

Stunt Coordinator
Charles.. are you sure that it's a Region 1 disc? Did you check the back of the disc to make sure that it's not dirty or anything. BTW it's "firmware".

Tom Morgan

Stunt Coordinator
I tried SPR DTS and it worked fine after I resetup the RP91. After the upgrade it goes back to its defaults. I had to change the DTS audio to bitstream and the video back to 16:9 etc. normal ,auto2, normal. I think it worked right before the upgrade in DTS anyway.

Charles M

Stunt Coordinator
Donovan,

It is region one, and no it's not dirty. It played fine on my Toshiba and Sony players. Thanks "firmware"

Scott,

Thanks for addtional help. I choose the RP91 because I needed to replace my old Sony that died two months ago. I will be getting a Toshiba 50hx81 soon so, I will let you guys know how I feel about this player once I can see what progressive can do.

Tom,

Maybe the firmware will help with this porblem.

James D S

Screenwriter
Charles,

Yes, SPR dts worked fine before I upgraded. Is that the only disc you are having trouble playing? If it is, I would think the problem lies with the disc itself. However, is it possible for you to go a rent SPR dts? That would be one way to check. There should be nothing unique to SPR dts that would make it incompatible with your player, so there is a problem with either the player or the disc. So I'd troubleshoot that which would be easiest to replace first, the disc. If another copy of SPR dts does not play, then you can start to worry.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks