What's new

RP91, looking for a month, can't find one (1 Viewer)

Jason Cole

Grip
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Wow, I created a monster with this thread, but that's a good thing.
For months I've been reading about how the RP91 is the holy grail of sub $1000 dvd players. I've been saving every penny to be able to afford one and finally it looks like i'll have one late this week, early next week. :)
I really hope this lives up to the expectation and I thank everyone for their help in pointing me towards this one.
Something tells me that although this is discontinued, it's going to remain as a standard in the world of dvd players and no matter what comes along to replace it, I'm glad that I'll have one.
So besides the reformatting feature, what else makes this player everyone's favorite ? I know it's been addressed before but maybe it will be helpful to those still on the fence...
happy new year
jason

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
I have a very old Panasonic A100 and the pic is still superb. But no DTS!
So, for me the big selling points were DVD-Audio, DTS, MP3 and a lot of bang for the buck. When I finally choose a 16:9 TV I'll be able to use progressive scan. Hopefully a large enough jump in picture quality to even make the wife think it was a worthy purchase... ;) :D

NicholasF

Auditioning
I'm not absolutely positive but I've read in a few places that the Yamaha S1200 has the same engine as the Panasonic RP91. (at power up it annouces "Welcome to DVD world!") However due to its high MSRP ($999 at Good Guys) it isn't as good a deal as the Panasonic. On the upside, if you have to have it... it is probably in stock at most places. And if you already have a Yamaha receiver... it's remote can also easily operate the S1200. Oh, and the front panel orange displays will match :)
-NicholasF

RobG

Stunt Coordinator
So with it being as popular and great as everyone says and being DC'd, is there a newer, improved model on the way?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Of course, there's a new model on the way. I do wonder if Panasonic will unveil the new model at the CES show in Las Vegas next week (I doubt it, but you never know).

Damien Montanile

Stunt Coordinator
Whoever posted the link to dealmountain.com I could hug you (Not that I want to pick out curtains with you or anything :D). Promptly canceled my order with eCost.com who said that since The Holidays fell on their scheduled shipping days I would have to wait another month...Screw that!. Dealmountain had 3 left in stock (now 2) all champaign...Thanks for the link to dealmountain.com
Of course I called them first to verify that they had them in stock.
Im like a kid in a candy store now. Off to the mall to redeem some DVD gift Certificates
-Damien

Ben Chick

Agent
Deal Mountain is all out of RP91's now! Glad I ordered 12/31. Hopefully I will get mine on friday for some weekend enjoyment. Thanks Shawn Shultzaberger for mentioning Deal Mountain. They were very responsive when I called to verify stock and then to verify my order is attached to one to send out. It was $20 more than ecost would have been if I had kept my order, but at least I should get one now. Glad I did not stick to my ecost order after what Damien Montanile just posted.

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
Heh heh! Happy to oblige. :D
I found out that my RP91 shipped today. So that might put it here either Friday or Monday. So far they seem to be quick in response and honest. Two big plus's in the customer service department. If there aren't any problems I will probably do business with them again. SACD is starting to look tastey! :)

Damien Montanile

Stunt Coordinator
Dealmountain.com has got my business again,

I put the order in at 10:34 this morning. Player shipped at 2:00pm...This has got to be the best service Ive seen ever from an e-tailer...Cant wait to get it! 2 day air cant get here fast enough

-Damien

Ben Chick

Agent
I've also gotten shipping confirmation from Deal Mountain. RP91 is on the way from Atlanta. I went with ground service, but just maybe i will get it by friday.. that's the expected ship date. Coolness!

Ben Chick

Agent
Got my RP91 this morning from Deal Mountain! Can't try it out til this evening, but eagerly anticipating it. Deal Mountain has got my business again! Thanks for bringing them up!

Jason Cole

Grip
I just got mine this morning. It's WONDERFUL. Dealmountain is amazing ! I'm a customer for life !

off to the moulin rouge !

LCSeminole

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Laurence
Ordered mine on Wednesday from OneCall.com and it got here today. Made in November with the 236 version of firmware. Don't let the $629 price they have listed fool you, they'll come down just work-over the salesman.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks