RP91--Just got it today. Got a problem, please help.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jason Cole, Jan 4, 2002.

1. Jason Cole

Jason Cole Extra

I just got this today. So far it's awesome ! Problem is when playing a 4x3 disc, the image is shifted to the right. The manual says to put in progressive, hit pause, joystick to the left, hold it and hit stop. I do this but nothing happens. Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong.

I know there's some update out there but that's to fix a shift to the left...but how about to the right ?

I'm using a panny 47inch widescreen.

Thanks

jason

2. Alvin Lau

Alvin Lau Agent

Have you tried holding the stop button on the player down and using the remote joystick to center the picture?

3. Jason Cole

Jason Cole Extra

Yes I have done that, but nothing moves....

4. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

A 4x3 image will be shifted to the right on an RP-91 when using the progressive scan output, even with the latest firware version. The firmware update fixes an image shift problem with anamorphic widescreen material.

I have applied the version 236 firware update to my RP-91, and 4x3 material is still right shifted. It's not a big deal to me -- I turn the lights off when viewing DVD's, so all windowbox or letterbox bars disappear anyway. The shift problem with anamorphic material was a bigger problem -- some of the image was lost until you manually centered the picture with the STOP + arrow button trick.

5. WilliamB

WilliamB Stunt Coordinator

Hey Jason!

May I ask where you bought the unit and what you paid? I'm looking to pick one up before the wife changes her mind

thanks

6. Rick Radford

Rick Radford Supporting Actor

Jason,
    Make sure you are using the stop button on the front panel of the unit.. not the stop button on the remote when you try the shift trick. Should you lose power to the RP91, you will have to remember this trick to recenter the image.
    FWIW, my image was shifted left with the original 188 firmware. I upgraded to 227 and the image was shifted right. Finally, the 236 upgrade centered my image.
    Ymmv.
    [​IMG]

7. Jason Cole

Jason Cole Extra

Thanks everyone, Mine came with 536 firmware installed so I'll wait till the next one ! This is the most beautiful dvd picture i've ever seen !
    William, I got mine at www.dealmountain.com 486 shipped.

8. BobAlbano

BobAlbano Second Unit

Jason, I live in Naperville and have the 236 firmware upgrade at my house. You are free to give it a try! My image was shifted to the left as I received the original 188 firmware in mine. I ran the upgrade disc in my rp91 and everything is centered and looking beautiful! It's really easy as when you insert the Dvd into your player it will tell you if you need the upgrade or not. Drop me a email if you want to give it a try![​IMG]

9. Phil

Phil Stunt Coordinator

Hi Everyone,

Just got my RP91 as well....and I too have a few questions..

How can I tell which version of firmware my player has?

If I need an update, where do I get the disc?

When playing MP3's, I tried pressing the "text" button on the remote but I can't get the playlist to come up. Is there a way to play MP3's randomly?

Thanks,

Phil