What's new

RP91 firmware upgrade with mac (1 Viewer)

Hal M

Agent
Does anyone know where I can download the most current firmware upgrade for the Panny RP91 and then burn a workable disc with a Mac? This has been an ongoing journey of failed attempts for me. Would love to see it actually work as I have one of the earliest versions of the RP91 and therefore a rather old firmware.

Thanks in advance, fingers crossed,

Hal

Brandon_S

Second Unit
Hal,

I don't use a Mac, but I had trouble with RP91 firmware as well. It seems that the RP91 likes it better when you burn the .ngr (nero file) to a CDRW as opposed to on a regular CDR. I wasted about 3 CDRs before I figured this out. I'm not sure if there is a Mac version of Nero, but if not you just burn the image to the CDRW using whatever CD burning software you have. Hope this helps a bit...

LCSeminole

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Laurence
There is a version 259 and I successfully burned the firmware on a CD-R. Hal M, I have versions 250 & 259 in a zip file, if you want one or the other send me an e-mail and I can send it to you over AOL IM or MSN Messenger.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
I don't think I've ever upgraded my RP91...will upgrading to version 259 put a DVI input on the back? :laugh:

Seriously though, how does this upgrade differ from my original firmware?

RoyGBiv

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven Kempner
I've upgraded my RP-91 several times. The most recent firmware is 259, and it finally fixed the one problem I had with this player. When playing MP3 files that were either high bit rates or VBR, they would stutter and not play correctly. Now they play perfectly. I am not sure what other things may have changed going from 250 to 259. There are threads at www.avsforum.com about this player and the firmware. Several earlier firmware changes did fix real problems with it, but I think by 236 they were all fixed and changes since then have been minimal.

SMK

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks