RP91 Copyguard?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris_A_J, Jun 20, 2002.

1. Chris_A_J

Chris_A_J Extra

I just got my new RP91, that I exchanged for my SD5700, hooked up on my Toshiba 50HX81 and I am having a problem.
    I was trying to calibrate my set to the RP91 with Avia and I noticed something strange. On the sharpness adjustment on Avia the top middle line was jumping up and down as was the side lines on the left side of the screen. This was in progressive mode....when I turned progressive off it stopped. Does anyone have this combo or know what could be wrong. I read in the manual that there was some type of copyguard protection on progressive output. Is there a way to get around this? As of right now I AM PISSED!!!!

2. Chris_A_J

Chris_A_J Extra

OK.....I take it no one knows [​IMG]

3. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    Isn't it possible your RP-91 is defective? I don't have your TV set but I have the RP-91 and it's worked well for me, in progressive. Best wishes!

4. Chris_A_J

Chris_A_J Extra

Yea, I guess that is possible...it was a dealer demo.

Anyone else have any ideas??

5. Jeremy Little

Jeremy Little Supporting Actor

Sounds more like a de-interlacing artifact to me. I don't feel like pulling out avia and trying it on my RP-91, but I believe I know what you are referring to. Your player is nice, but it has only a "good" de-interlacer. There are better ones out there, and that is not the only feature one should buy that player for. Overall, I think the majority of people like it for its overall superb picture, scaling of non-anamorphic discs, format support, and all in one box too. There are going to be a few "glitches" in its de-interlacing, but what can you do.....

6. StephenMSmith

StephenMSmith Stunt Coordinator

You just need to set the deinterlacing mode to Auto 2.